Twitter

28 julio 2011

PixelSkin HD Wrap by Speck for iPad 2

PixelSkin HD Wrap by Speck for iPad 2: "

With Apple and their products growing so quickly, more and more suppliers and retailers are providing accessories for said products.

A friend of mine was out shopping at Target today. She called me and said, “Do you still need an iPad 2 case?”. My immediate response: “Err, yes please”. You know you’d have responded the exact same way, admit it. Upon receipt of said case, to my surprise it was a PixelSkin HD Wrap case, by Speck Products. The scary thing about this whole thing is this. Yesterday the Mrs and I were perusing websites for a white case for an iPhone 4, in anticipation of the release of the white iPhone 4 on 27th April. Seriously, blame the Mrs…

Read on, for more details…

As soon as I got home I was in a hurry to get the case out of it’s packaging to review it. The packaging itself is secure, yet simple. The case is clearly protected while in it’s packaging for the entire journey that it may have to\need to take to the customers destination. Thus far, I’m impressed.

The look of the case is strong, sturdy, and has a corporate feel to it. That in itself should give you an idea of the type of case that we have here. The actual physical feel of the case is NOT slippery; which is a trend I tend to find with a few iPad and iPhone cases. The inner backing of the case has an almost felt-like feel to it. I’m pretty certain it was made with this type of material\feel to prevent scratches and marks to the back of the iPad. Think about it, who wants any marks on their fancy shiny $400+ device? Certainly not me. Even the inner feel of the cover, when closed, protects the iPad screen and has a soft and smooth feel to it. Again, showing it will protect your screen, and at the same time not leave it riddled with marks.

As you will notice from the above image, it has all the respective cutouts for the iPad 2; volume rocker button, speaker on the back, charging port, camera, headphone jack and power button. In addition they all fit perfectly; someone did some serious measuring, and they were clearly spot on.

The screen cover for this case reminds me of the Smart Cover created by Apple. In essence, to me, they are very similar in relation to feel and use – it does NOT support the sleep\wake function – and does a great job of protecting the screen when the iPad 2 is not in use, in addition to offering two different stand positions for the iPad 2.

The tongue on the screen cover is brilliant for two reasons. It keeps the device in the two positions that the case offers. One mode I call the ‘typing mode’, and the other I call, ‘movie mode’. Currently during the creation of this blog post, I had the Pixel Skin HD case installed and thus was using it in the ‘typing mode’:

The tongue prevents the case from unraveling from either of it’s two positions, unless you’ve specifically pushed the tongue out of it’s slot.

To be honest, to say that this was a simple and easy process to get into either position is well, priceless.

Even in the ‘movie mode’ position:

Watching movies, reading Blogs, RSS feeds, etc, is easy. I tried a few times to shake the table and to even deliberately try to tip the iPad 2 over, but surprisingly it was sturdy. The individual slats that fold to allow the standing positions are solid, and thus these standing positions are clearly made for hard surfaces. Now bear in mind, it is still comfortable and stable while resting on your thighs. Again, I typed this blog post resting the iPad on my thighs. Oh let me add, I’m sitting in bed :)

Share your thoughts on the current case you have for your iPad 2.

"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario